Importance of Education
Education plays a vital role in the socio-economic development of a nation.
Education plays a vital role in the socio-economic development of a nation. The future of
a society greatly depends on what type of education is imparted to its children. Realizing
It, the system of education is subject to be change and developed to the level to meet the
Challenges of the modern time.
N our country Pakistan the literacy rate about 45% and the rest of the people 55% are
Illiterate according to 1998 census of Pakistan (AnwarAlam, Applied Sociology,p28)
Despite the improvement n Pakistan’s literacy rate since its independence 1947 it’s
Overall literacy rate of 45 %( 56.5% for males and 32.6% for females) in 1998 still behind
most of the countries in the region. The literacy rates may have arisen generally however
with the increase in population, the number of illiterate Pakistani has more than doubled
Since 1951, while the number of illiterate women has tripled approximately 60% of the
total population is illiterate, and women form 60% of the illiterate
population (www.adb.org). In 1998, in Pakistan 27.54 % of employed women were in
Professional (which includes doctors, nurse and teachers, researchers dentist and
lawyers etc) occupation 22.3 % in elementary occupations and only 3.3% in clerical
occupation (Abdul Hameed Malik,, Sociology of gender relations,p.58) .
Gender remains a central organizing principle of modern life in virtually every culture
gender differences is a pivotal way in which human identity themselves as persons,
organize social relation and symbolize meaningful natural and social event and processes
Each society on earth has culture It is the pattern in which people have no survive to
fulfill their basic needs of their and the other one With reference to our culture we faced
many cultural constraints.
Historically women found working opportunity in agricultural work for example
harvesting, sowing and animal husbandry work, domestic work house main and laundry work.
By nineteenth century industrialization and urbanization created new job opportunities
For both men and women a substantial number of women’s on the one hand, entered in
factories and manufacturing……. they heavily concentrated in the garments industry as
seamstresses and engaged in piece work such as folding books, rolling cigars or on the
other hand entered into female profession of nursing teaching and social work.
(Dr.Abdul Hameed Malik, Sociology of gender relations, p83)
When society modernizes, then female also comes out of their homes so, they
Economically support their families We know that families is a basic unit of society.The family iscentral institution in all human
societies,although it may take many differet forms.A family is a group of people related by blood,marriage, or adoptation.The
role relations among people who considers themselves to be related in these ways are termed as kinship( Korn blum1988,p464)
The current report which we will made is focused on impact of working women on the
Families we will select teaching profession.Employed women are defined as those women who are working in some institution
for a salary which is fixed periodical payement Sardar(1979).Most women are employed to supplement the family income,to
support themselves and their families or to gain personal fulfillment .To be employed outside homes, gives women a sense of
identity,independence and autonomy.Besides it income increases the standard of living and add benefits to national stability.
We analyze that how working women along with culturalconstraints, outside environment and along with different problems
carry on their jobs and what is the impact of working women on their families.