How to Tame Your Husband
Thought I’d share few of the ways I found in my two years of married life on how I have been able to tame my hubby (to a certain extent).
The word that is usually used in the wives’ lives is control. We live in a world where being ‘politically correct’ is the trend now; hence the word tame.
Gone are those days when the saying Marriage is all about compromises was all couples could say about successful relationships. Modern wives (working or not) have learnt to question why should it be about compromises and adjustments. She has learnt to answer the very same question. I wouldn’t like to brag here — but I am one of those modern wives. I used to be a working wife; now I am a full-time housewife which makes it easier for me to tame my hubby in a better way.
Why do we feel the need to control?
- To get what we want or desire
- To feel secure
- To feel a mixture of better & superior
The extent to which you can control, in my personal experience & observations, will depend on various factors:
- His upbringing, family background
- Where you live, environment
- Type of marriage – love/arranged (where your parents fix the guy for you)
What I do (in order to tame my husband):
- Keep him happy, please him. Always look your best. Try to dress up for him even if you are hanging out at home. It shows you care enough to impress him.
- All-time favourite — the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Also, take those subtle hints that he drops once in a while. For instance, he may say things like I love blah blah dish, My mom used to make blah blah when we were young. Also, be open to any scope for improvement.
- Pamper him. It wouldn’t hurt to bathe him once in a while. I say you powder him, perfume him, groom him, take care of all the nitty gritties when he’s getting ready to go to work.
- They say guys are usually not the very-clean types. But, keep your home at its best because he’ll like to show off when his friends are over.
- Be naughty. I don’t need to explain much here – you get my point. Other than ‘that’, do things like write his name with a marker on your thigh & give him a sneak peek when you are out. Believe me, when I say you’ll definitely see a sudden glow on his face.
- I am going to be taking massage therapy classes very soon. Till then, I do whatever I’ve learnt by checking out videos on the net. A foot rub or massaging his hands will also do. Trust me, this is the best & productive way.
- Boys will be boys. Let him hang out with his friends for a beer. Let him watch the match. Let him crack dirty jokes. Let him not take help for directions. Let him fix that leaky tap. Trust him. Praise him. Leave him alone when you know you have to.
What have I gained?
- I have got almost everything that I have wanted.
- I get all the appreciation (in the presence of relatives & friends).
- If you have kids, they’ll be benefited too.
- Most importantly, I know I have invested wisely for the future.
I am not saying these will give you magical results immediately because, like I said, a careful analysis of the dependent factors will always play a major role. Plus, not all are alike.
One more thing & the most crucial point – love him unconditionally – that definitely works wonders.