Southern California’s Top Engagement Photography Locations
An Orange County wedding photographer on Southern California’s best engagement photo spots. Tips on how to have a great engagement photo.
When having the first wedding consultation with our clients, the first question we ask them is, “where do you guys want to shoot your engagement session?” Fifty percent of the answer is usually the beach. The other half don’t have any idea! The first thing to think about when choosing a location is, what is your style? Are you a fun or goofy couple that wants to run around the boardwalk or are you the more conservative type that wants a more natural look? Once you figure that part out, the rest is all you. The best engagement sessions happen when the couple is having a blast doing it. Loosen up! Be into each other so that the camera catches it. It’s also a great idea to bring a couple different outfits (dark and light).
I won’t get into details on these locations but I do suggest you always visit your selection beforehand to make sure it’s what you want. Since most wedding packages include an engagement session, you’ll want to make sure to get it right the first time. Here are my top 10 favorite spots in or around Orange County, CA. Enjoy, and don’t forget to have fun!
- Montage Resort, Laguna Beach
- Fullerton Arboretum, Fullerton
- Amtrak Train Station, San Juan Capistrano
- Orange County Performing Arts Center, Costa Mesa
- Old Towne Orange Circle, City of Orange
- Balboa Fun Zone, Newport Beach
- Crystal Cove Beach Cottages, Crystal Cove State Park
- Victoria Beach, Laguna Beach
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- The Flower Fields, Carlsbad.