How to Tell If He Just Isnt That in to YOU
Have you been on a couple of dates with the most gorgeous man in the Universe only to find out that he’s not quite what you expected? Here are a few pointers to decide if he’s worth winning or binning.
Image via Wikipedia
How to tell if he’s just not that into you:
- · During your dates he seems preoccupied with his mobile phone. Now this could have a legitimate cause if he’s an on call doctor, but otherwise this doesn’t bode well. If he doesn’t think enough of you to give you his undivided attention for a couple of hours over dinner, he’s just not that interested. Chances are he’s trying to scrape his old relationship back together and he’s using you as rebound fodder. BEWARE!
- · His displays of affection are a little bit creepy considering it’s your first date. After you’ve been dating two weeks fine, but if the man in question is octopus man immediately, then you know it’s not your brain he’s after. If just sex is fine, well OK – but if you’d like a semi meaningful relationship – it’s time to move on.
- · He can’t look at you. Eye contact is so important at the beginning of a relationship and usually that’s how you spot each other in the first place. If he can’t give you that lovely look which says ‘I can’t tell you how damn sexy I find you’ then alas, he doesn’t. He obviously has his own agenda for dating you, but rest assured it isn’t going to be a long one.
- · He’s too pretty. Yes you’ve managed to find the hottest hottie in the whole wide world, but there’s a problem – he knows it! He also knows he can get any babe, anywhere, anytime. This relationship will only work if you can look sideways at his flirtations/affairs and trust that he will come back to you. On the plus side if you each use each other for sex there’s no harm done. BEWARE – no falling in love, you’re bound to get hurt.
- · He keeps talking about his dating conquests. If the man in question relays his speed dating addiction, his need to pour over online chatrooms and the amazing personal ads he posts in newspapers – chances are he’s been through the mill a bit. This usually means there’s something a little AWRY with him. Any man who keeps his facebook profile on single whilst you’ve been dating for three months is one to bin. Quickly.
- · When you ask if you can see him again and he brushes you off with some excuse or another, this is a sure sign he’s not interested. He’ll call alright, but using the word ‘goodbye’ if he can be bothered. When met with this response try to look as nonplussed as you can, he’s not worthy of you so move on.
- · He is continuously bitching about his friends, family and how his ex was the nastiest thing since Simon Cowell came to X factor. If he’s that nasty about all those around him, when your back is turned, you’ll have a rough idea what he’ll be saying about you and it’s nothing pleasant!
- · He can’t be in a serious relationship right now. If those dreaded words are uttered then pluck up your courage and just leave with as much sang froid as possible. What this really means is that sex is ok, but he doesn’t like you nearly as much as his ex girlfriend who’s he trying to get back as we speak.
- · He can only do double dates. This means that his mate is really keen on your friend and he’s only going out with you as a favour to him. You might as well do yourself a favour at the same time and get rid of him for someone much better.
- · He doesn’t ‘get’ your sense of humour. If we’re talking about serious relationships here, then imagine 40 years of seriously serious. Just run. Life’s too short to be miserable.
- · He puts you down. If he doesn’t like the dress your wearing or your accent and has the audacity to tell you so then make sure he doesn’t like the way you say ‘Goodbye.’
- · He tries to steer the conversation your way the whole time. It’s nice to talk about yourself but if he won’t talk about himself then there’s something wrong. Either there’s a nasty surprise in his closet or there are plenty of things he’s ashamed of. Relationships are either dare to share or I don’t care. He’s got two choices. There are two of you and sharing doesn’t work just one way.
The most important question you have to ask yourself at the beginning of a relationship is am I happy? Does he make me happy and do I want to make him happy? If the answers are yes, you are obviously besotted with each other and have a great chance at being together for a very long time indeed. If the answer is no, you need to cut your losses and move on. No one said life was easy, but after the mourning period is over – life is sure to get a whole lot better! Fishes and all that….
Did you like this article? Find many more similar to this, on my home page: http://www.triond.com/users/anndavey650
If you think you could be a writer and would like to earn money by writing stories, articles, poems or blogs then feel free to join using this link here: http://www.triond.com/rw/453549
It’s free to join and you’ll get paid for doing something you love! What are you waiting for?