Mother, How Often You are Appreciated by Your Family?
Mothers are the most compassionate and benevolent person in this world, how often your love ones say thank you to you?
I grew up as an independent, my mother died when I was 9, by then I never knew what the feeling of having a mother is. Yes, I admit I envy (sometimes) those kids who has someone to call mother, and I said to myself that if only my mom is around, I will take care of her because I’m grateful to be as her daughter.
I observed that housewives were very dedicated to their family. They valued and cherished so much their husbands and children. Here are simple things that a mom does but I don’t know if their love ones see how much they put effort for it.
Image by pelican via Flickr
1. Woke up early in the morning and devotedly prepare for breakfast for her husband who is going to work and for the children who are going to school. Not only a preparation for what are they going to eat for breakfast, but for the pack snacks as well. In the early hours of the day, they sweat and already stress. Did anyone say thank you before leaving?
2. Family left, mom cleans the dishes and enthusiastically tidies the house. (Mom don’t relax, there’s a lot of house hold chores to do!) When family arrived, does anyone say “mom, thank you for this clean and pleasant surroundings that welcomes us” (I bet no one dares!)
3. Family arrived and mom prepares delicious food for lunch, but before preparing she needs first to wash the dirty lunch box of the kids. (Washing again! oh common kids, say thank you to your mom!)
4. Dinner time, food was set up, but then mommies were busy to think what they are going to cook on the following morning. Yes, it is funny and it sound may easy but its not, they want to give the best, prepared the most excellent food that her family may like.
5. At last, week end came, but then mom is still busy, she needs to do the laundry, iron the uniforms, budget the money for the whole week, and needs to go to the market. Does any one say thank you to you mom? Or does any of your children who are already grown ups then volunteer “mom, let me do the laundry and take a rest?” I hope someone does.
Being a mom is the most wonderful and fantastic happened to a woman; it’s what you call fulfillment and satisfaction. I know all moms out their do not ask any thing in return, but for me, do they have to ask for you to do something? If my mom is alive, I will reward her everyday in the simplest thing I can. Happy reading adorable mommies!