Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Marriage
Step by step instructions on how to get married in the latest Elder Scrolls game, as well as the benefits of marriage.
Anyone can get married in Skyrim. Skyrim marriage customs dictacte that any bachelor wishing to get married must wear an Amulet of Mara. If someone is interested in them, they will make a move, and the couple is married. That’s it; nothing to it.
1. Find Riften.
2. Enter the Bee and Barb inn.
3. Search for Maramal. If he is not there, search in thete Temple of Mara.
4. Ask Maramal about marriage.
5. Buy an Amulet of Mara. It will cost 200 Septims.
6. Equip the Amulet.
7. Talk to the NPC you wish to marry.
8. He or she will ask you to do something for them.
9. Do what they want, and return to them.
10. Ask them if they are interested in you.
11. Say Yes.
12. Go to Riften.
13. Find Maramal in the Bee and Barb or The Temple.
14. Arrange the ceremony.
15. Go to the temple of Mara.
14. Wait til 8 AM.
15. Say “I do”
Bonuses of marriage include:
1. A Cooked Meal every day.
2. Some gold every day. (100+)
3. Sleeping now gives you “Lovers Comfort” which boosts skill learning by 15% for 8 hours.