Natural Skin Care Solution 1: Tomato and Lemon Juice
How tomato and lemon juice can be a part of your regular skin regimen.
Tomato is known for its many nutritional and health benefits. Lycopene is the phytochemical in tomatoes that gives it the distinct red color. Other fruits and vegetables have lycopene also.
Lycopene is also a potent anti-oxidant. Anti-oxidants are good for preventing cancers, slows down skin aging and helps prevent other diseases.
You can find facial scrubs and skin care treatments that contain lycopene. But nothing really beats the real thing; the natural way is better and it gives real-time results as well.
If you love tomatoes in your salad, you’ll also love it as a skin care regimen. Couple it up with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for added vitamins and natural oils.
Here’s how to prepare your own skin regimen.
- You only 2 ingredients: 1 red tomato and the juice of one lemon
- Slice the tomato in half
- Use one of the halves and make a few slices out it. Put it a small bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice on the tomato slices
- Put the tomato with lemon juice in the fridge and cool for at least 30 minutes
- Make sure to rinse your face, neck and arms with plain water. Dry before rubbing the tomato slices.
- Rub your skin with the tomato soaked in lemon juice. You may also use the rub to your entire body. But try using it on your face, neck and arms first to see the effect.
- Leave the tomato rub on your skin for at least 15 minutes
- Rinse your skin with plain water and dry
Tomatoes and lemon juice are rich in vitamins A and C. Anti-oxidants from the lycopene and vitamin C helps produce that rosy glow on your skin. This skin regimen is good for exfoliating and in providing your skin with the much needed nutrients.
You may use this regimen every day and you’ll see the improvement of your skin in a week’s time. If lemon juice irritates your skin, reduce the quantity or only use tomatoes instead.
Skin care shouldn’t be too expensive or complicated. It should also be healthy, safe and natural. If you want to try new products, why not try natural sources instead. They are cheaper, readily available and healthier.