Multani Mitti and Fuller’s Earth: Can Do Miracle to Your Body
Explore the benefits of Multani Mitti and Fuller’s Earth.
Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth is a kind of soil. In color it may be whitish, buff, brown. Its rich in minerals, it is composed mainly of alumina, silica, iron oxides, lime, magnesia, and when applied to the skin, it helps in removing the dead cells and absorbing the excess of oil. This makes the skin smooth, soft, moist and rejuvenated. However it should be applied for the right duration of time. If left for long, it may over dry the skin. It removes the impurities of hair without depriving the hair of its natural moisturisers. Women used to wash their hair by it to make their hair soft and shiny.
How to Use It?
Recipes for Skin:
- Mix Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth with hot water, make a paste and keep it to cool. Add yogurt to it. Apply on your skin, keep for 10 min and wipe it off.
- Mix Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth with water and Rose Water. Rub gently on skin. When it gets little dry, wash it with water.
- Mix Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth with Neem Leaves powder in 1:1 ratio. Add water to make a paste. Apply it on skin. Let it dry and then wash it. Its good treatment acne problem.
- Mix Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth, Rose Water and Sandalwood in equal proportion and apply it on skin. Keep it for 15-20 min. Then wash it.
- Mix together Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth, Besan and Sandalwood powder in equal quantities and store the mixture in an airtight container. Use a teaspoon of this scrub mixed to a paste with water to cleanse the skin of flakes and dirt.
Mulatni Mitti or Fuller’s Earth is best for oily skin. It should not be used on dry/sensitive skin as it will over dry the skin