Causes and Care of Oily Skin
A great advantage of oily skin is that it ages at a slower rate than other skin types.But it is not without a cost.Often a neglected oily skin has coarse pores and pimples and other embarrassing blemishes and it is also prone to blackheads.Here I will list some common causes of oily skin and how to take care of such skin type.
It runs in the family.If your skin is too oily then you must be cautious while using skincare products.
Junk food is a major culprit to cause excessively oily skin.Deficiency of Vitamin B2 and B5 can also be a factor.A healthy and balanced diet will help you have a healthy skin. For more information on a balanced diet and its benefits, read my article: http://healthmad.com/weight-loss/lose-weight-naturally-say-no-to-diet-pills/
3.Hormone levels and Pregnancy:
Due to the shifts in hormone levels during adolescence, oily skin is common in teenagers.Generally, skin tends to become dryer with age.During pregnancy and menopause, hormonal imbalances can also upset the oil balance, increasing the production of sebum and oil, thus oily skin.Birth control pillscan also disturb the blood levels of hormones just enough to cause oily skin.
Constant and excessive use of cosmetics can lead to oily skin.Using low quality and oil-based cosmetics is an important cause.Greasy creams and lotions can worsen the condition of an oily skin.
5.Humidity and hot weather:
People living in such climate tend to sweat a lot.Naturally a lot of sebum and oil is produced as well.They also get dehydrated easily, which is a factor.
Taking Care of Oily Skin:
- * It is very important to keep it clean, oily skin attracts more dust and dirt, which can clog the pores.
- * Exfoliating the skin regularly will get rid of dead cells and the accumulated dirt, giving you a fresher look.
- * Using lemon for cleansing is a great home remedy.For more benefits of lemon, read this;
- * Avoid oil-based makeup and try mineral makeup;
- * Keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water;
- * Use hats and umbrellas in hot weather;
Hopefully you will stay fresh and have a healthy glowing skin!
My other Triond article(s) on similar topics: