How to Remove Crazy Glue From Your Skin
Crazy glue or super glue instantly bonds skin. Here is a simple way to free yourself.
Super glues are wonderful. They instantly bond almost anything and the bonds are strong. This strong, instant bond is why we buy crazy glue but it does make working with it a bit of a challenge.
You have to work fast and accurately because as soon as you touch the pieces together they will be bonded. This is where things can get sloppy.
With our concentration focused on matching the pieces together we often don’t notice when we get a bit of glue on our fingers or a drop on the table. As soon as our finger touches something it will be stuck fast and no amount of pulling will remove it.
Don’t panic. It is most common to stick fingers together. If this is the case, you have a few options:
- Acetone. You can buy this at any hardware store. The acetone will dissolve the glue quickly and cleanly.
- Nail polish remover. Nail polish remover has acetone in it (as long as you don’t buy the acetone free stuff). Since the acetone is diluted it will take a little more scrubbing but it will still dissolve the glue.
- Vegetable oils. Canola oil or olive oil work as well, although not as fast or as cleanly as acetone.
- Shampoo or conditioner. Scrub the glue with shampoo or conditioner (no water) and it should let loose.
- Soak in soapy water. Soak the glued area in warm, soapy water – this may take a while but the glue will loosen enough to scrub off.
- Super glue solvent. A wise person would look for and buy the commercial solvent for the glue at the same time they buy the glue.
These types of glue are wonderful and a person should keep a tube handy but at the same time – be smart.
Keep your glue away from children (even the invincible teen!). Kids of any age are usually not careful enough to be using super glue.
If you do stick body parts together with the crazy glue consider what you have stuck together before reaching for the solvent. You probably don’t want acetone, solvent, nail polish remover, shampoo or conditioner anywhere near your eyes, mouth or open sores.
Finally, if you are using super glue and you are alone in the house – set the solvent beside you before you start – just in case you stick yourself to the table, floor, wall or counter.
Here are some other articles you may enjoy: